ASFP Ireland urges anyone interested in the Level 3 Certificate Foundation Course in Passive Fire Protection in Dublin beginning in April 2019 to book now as places are limited.
The 7-day classroom-based course, starting on 9 April, offers a foundation in fire safety and fire science as well as units on different forms of passive fire protection. Individuals who undertake the training can study towards an examination leading to a Level 3 qualification in Passive Fire Protection provided by the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) awarding organisation, which is regulated by the qualification regulators Ofqual and CCEA.
The courses are structured in four modules, with lectures spread across several weeks:
- Module 1: Essential underpinning knowledge including fire science
- Module 2: Installation of Passive Fire Protection:
- Unit 1: Fire protection to the structural frame of the building.
- Unit 2: Fire resisting walls, floors and ceilings.
- Unit 3: Fire stopping, penetration seals, cavity barriers, and the building envelope
- Unit 4: Fire resisting ductwork, fire and smoke resisting dampers
- Unit 5: Fire resisting doors, industrial shutters and associated hardware
- Unit 6: Fire resisting glazing
- Unit 7: Fire retardant impregnation and coating systems
- Module 3: Understanding active fire protection
- Module 4: Understanding building regulations, approved documentation, regulatory guidance, CDM, CE marking, codes of practice, and BIM
The training aims to equip candidates with the knowledge required to demonstrate competency, while also offering a route for progression and academic recognition in this key fire protection specialism. They are the first in the UK and Ireland to enable candidates to study to obtain a recognised qualification in passive fire protection.
The courses are suitable for all involved in the construction industry from designers and specifiers to contractors and specialist installers, as well as building owner occupiers and enforcement agencies. It is aimed at individuals either directly engaged in passive fire protection or those who need to develop an understanding of the passive fire safety systems such as managers and technical supervisors working in passive fire protection roles such as technical sales staff, designers and fire risk assessors.
To apply complete the Booking Form